Strawberry Cream Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs(this is one package of graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/4 C shortening
- pinch of salt
- ice cold water, add teaspoon by teaspoon until right consistency has formed
- 1 C strawberries, mashed
- 1 C sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 C water
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C heavy cream, whipped
- 4 C whole strawberries
Graham Cracker Crust
- Combine the above ingredients and press firmly into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool.
- Place flour, salt, butter and shortening in bowl.
- Use your hands to combine ingredients until small pebbles form
- Add cold water a teaspoon at a time until the dough begins to hold together and form a ball.
- Do not over handle the dough. Dough should be soft, moist but not wet.
- Place ball of dough onto wax paper and flatten. Place another piece of wax paper over the top and roll out the pastry into a circle. If your pie pan is 9 inch make sure your circle is bigger than 9 inches so you have enough for the edging..
- Remove the top layer of wax paper and place pastry into pie tin. Remove other piece of wax paper and press pastry into pan. Use your fingers to crimp the edge of the crust.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to firm up the pastry. This helps prevent pastry from shrinking during baking.
- Prick the bottom of crust to prevent bubbling during baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees. For the first 10-12 minutes keep the edges of pie covered with foil and then remove for the last 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown.
- Crush 1 cup strawberries. Combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Add water and crushed strawberries. Cook and stir over medium heat to boiling, stir constantly until clear and slightly thickened.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar. Stir in vanilla. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly in cooled crust. Refrigerate
- Place whole strawberries stem side down on top of creamed filling, pressing slightly.
- Spoon glaze over the berries. Chill for 3 hours.