This is a place I truly want to see. I think about how the passengers and crew knew they were not going to make it home alive and that other planes where being used to fly into buildings to kill even more people so they sacrificed themselves to save others. They made their plan and followed the cries of "Lets Roll" and they did!!
Tuesday marks the 17th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
A few reminders:
• 108,444 truckloads of debris were hauled from Ground Zero — 1.6 million tons of debris.
• The total cost of clean-up was $750 million.
• On Sept. 11, 2001, only 32 air marshals were on duty.
• The Department of Homeland Security was created in response to Sept. 11. It merged 22 governmental agencies into one, including the Customs Service, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the U.S. Coast Guard, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
• 7,000 FBI agents did over 150,000 interviews in the ongoing war on terror.
• 116,000 American flags were sold by Walmart alone on Sept. 11, 2001.
• Over 200 books have been written about 9/11, the most on one news event since the topic of WWII.